Thursday 6 May 2010

Ben and Jerrys icecream..

Below: Images of ice cream melting that I have gathered from the internet. The aim of this was to help me when it came to illustrating my ideas myself to see how the ice cream melted and the sort of shapes and shadowing that it created so that I could then transfer this into my illustrations.






Vectored images that I have seen placed onto Ben & Jerrys packaging and advertsing.
Exising logo


Existing illustrations.Below: Other promotional material for the brand.

Below: Existing flavour and pot of ice cream. Packaging is very playful and crowded.
Below: Photography I have taken myself of existing packaging for the ice cream pots. I get a fun, playful vibe from the overall look of it and i want to bring this across in my work that i produce for Ben & Jerrys.


Below: Pots of ice cream that you can purchase at the cinema, they come in small, medium and large. Simple illustrations and logo are displayed on them, nothing too complicated.


This are screen captures from the Ben & Jerrys website.... the whole style is very vectored and brightly coloured. They have also involved photography also which works really well together.



I decided to contact Ben&jerrys to tell them about the brief that i am doing and if they could lead my brief in any particular direction...


Hello I am studying Graphic Design at Leeds college of art and design and I am going to set my own personal brief to produce a promotional poster to boost the awareness of your brand, i was wondering is there anything in particular that as a brand you feel needs bringing attention to to the public that hasn't done already? When I have completed this brief I would love to send it to you for some feedback. Thank you Hayley Kavanagh +44(0)7920407820 hk82148@students.leeds-art.ac.uk




I have started a new brief promoting for the ben and jerrys ice cream so i decided to collect a few existing examples of work produced by the company to get a feel of the style vibe and target audience they are aiming at!


Selection of all the different ice creams that are available. Design i very playful, colourful and vectored!

No comments:

Post a Comment